If you have interest in joining the Ubersmith team, please reach out to us. If you don't see your ideal position below, reach out to us anyway. We would love to hear about your background and preferred role.
Currently hiring for:
New York, NY
We are seeking a CTO / VP of Engineering to lead engineering in New York City for Ubersmith and to serve on the Ubersmith Leadership Team. You should be a highly motivated professional, excited by the opportunity to solve interesting and diverse problems and to share your experience and ideas with our development team. The candidate will lead a team of 8 software engineers (all based in New York City) responsible for iterating and improving our popular automation software product.
We are a 15-person "startup" within a public company, so there is much less risk versus a typical startup. We have hundreds of happy customers and millions in dollars of growing, recurring revenue.
Our location is in downtown NYC at 29 Broadway on the 30th floor with nice Statue of Liberty and water views and is right across from a park.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate.
1. Drive product strategy and product vision for a leading billing, monitoring, automation and support software product
2. Work closely with engineers and product management to extend and maintain our business management platform
3. Drive the design process for new features and integrations
4. Lead, manage and coach a team of engineers, including two engineering leads
5. Perform code reviews
6. Ship quarterly releases with increasing emphasis on testing and quality
7. Interact with customers and the market to further understanding and impact
1. Experience leading, managing and coaching a development team(s) with agile experience a plus
2. 6+ years of expert-level enterprise PHP background required, including experience with object oriented and procedural programming (Must be currently working in PHP)
3. 5+ years of strong SQL and relational database skills, including experience with MySQL
4. Solid HTML/CSS design knowledge, including experience with semantic markup and CSS-driven designs
6. Understanding of network concepts and technologies and strong *nix sysadmin knowledge
7. Having contributed (or currently contributing) to an open source project is a plus